|Yoinked from various peoples on friends list.
||[Sep. 2nd, 2008|01:39 pm]
Raise your hand, and I'll tell you three cool things about you (according to the Law that is me).
1. When I knew you in college, half the time we'd end up thinking/saying the same thing. It's not every day that happens.
2. When all is good, you can totally see the sparks behind your eyes.
3. Probably as a combination of 1 and observation, you pick up on certain things so that you don't always need things to be spelled out for you, especially when I don't want to spell them out. Cryptorchid is a prime example.
1. You're an amazingly friendly person... this may sound like a cop-out, but I don't intend it to be. Just the first time we actually talked, it was actually a quality that stood right out.
2. You occasionally surprise me by harbouring hardcore techy-nerd ideas - like finding the definition of a Schroedinbug
. I know it shouldn't surprise me, but it can occasionally be easy to forget.
2a. Actually you combine a lot of cool traits, a bit of hardcore nerdiness, a love of language and language-play, and a sympathy for animals.
3. You turn up such interesting ideas on your LJ that it's a pleasure to read.
1. You have a wicked sense of humour. Some of your comments are nothing short of amazing.
2. You have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of all things literary/comedic/cultural (I was going to leave it at "literary" until I remembered the Dylan Moran quotes... much and all as he's a good comedian, I'll not call him literary just yet), and seem to have a quote for nearly any occasion.
3. You are one of the few people not phazed by conversations had between myself and lilacfaeryboy
, and actually contribute to the insanity. That makes you nothing short of a precious rarity in my world.
2008-09-02 04:32 pm (UTC)
oh! oh! oh! do me!
1. You have such different ideas to me that I can almost be guaranteed of another side to a story or a problem.
2. You're even more of a digital consierge than I can claim to be; You frequently know more obscure but useful things.
3. The fact that you had the balls to go "Rosy" at that Science Day. I thought that was cool in all sorts of ways.
1. You introduced me to Alestorm, and other interesting bands.
2. You delicately tread that lovely balance between not-crude-enough and too crude. I refer, of course, to the Michaela conversation.
3. Your general intelligence astounds me to be honest.
Right, so where to begin. I mean, I've known you so long it's all smushed into a totality of coolness. This was an incredibly hard one to do.
Well, first, I guess it's that you had the proverbials to go to Brizzle, and to make the most of Engerland in general when things didn't entirely work to plan there. You've made more of a life for yourself there than I think I could.
Second, I guess it's the fact that despite living together we were able to get on like nothing else afterwards. I still remember wandering around Brizzle having the time of my life with you, the two of us talking absolute shite, and just laughing and having a good time. I remember thinking that it was great that we could still do that. That was insanely cool, and is a big testament to you.
Third, I guess the coolest thing is that we can generally just say anything to each other.
Basically, I generally think you're made of win, and that there's a reason that you're pretty much my longest standing friend on this LJ, or in real life.